Monday, August 18, 2014

Grandma's Lasagna Re-Mix!





you will need...

9x9 Pan
Tin Foil
1/2 a box - lasagna noodles (uncooked)
1/2 a pack of pepperoni 
1/2 a pack of mozzarella shredded cheese (1 cup)
1/2 a container of cottage cheese about 4 oz
 (I hate cottage cheese but I love it in this!)
(give it a try!)
1 can of spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup of banana peppers
1 lb cooked ground beef

How you cook it...
Pre heat your oven to 350

In a pan cook hamburger meat, drain, and return to pan
add in spaghetti sauce
layer....
in a lined pan soon in a small about of meat mixture
3 noodles broke in half
more sauce
2 oz of cottage cheese
(take a spoon and spread c.c)
1/2 of your pepperoni
3 more noodles broken in half
meat mixture
the rest of your cottage cheese
(take a spoon and spread c.c)
the rest of your pepperoni
1/2 of your banana peppers
3 more noodles broken
the rest of your meat sauce
the rest of your banana peppers
top with moz cheese

cover the pan with tin foil

bake at 350 for 1 hour and 20 minutes 
(check to see if your noodles are done)

Enjoy!

This is a little remix of my grandma's lasagna 
My husband LOVES ricotta but I do not I think the taste is a little strong
and it over powers the lasagna
I like the cottage cheese instead... My grandma told me she had but cottage
cheese in her lasagna and I was a little surprised because I've never liked the stuff
but the taste in the lasagna is perfect... not to strong at all .. you can 
taste all the flavors in the lasagna
I added the pepperoni and banana peppers (my husbands favs!)

If you bake your noodles instead of boiling them
the lasagna will stay together
I hate when noodles go sliding everywhere!






No comments:

Post a Comment